PDA

View Full Version : Problems editing my CGPortfolio

KBoom
07-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Hello everyone,
Sorry to pester you with this but I can't seem to get any responses to my repeated requests for help from admin, and then when I try to send a PM to a moderator, I type the whole thing out and then I get a message saying that moderator doesn't accept PM's....(what the????)
I'm running out of options here, so I am forced to start yet another "help me" thread...

Okay here's the thing - I can do everything in CGtalk that I always could, but when I try to edit or even view my CGPortfolio, I get this error message:

You have not yet activated your portfolio
Your username*~KaBoom! is invalid or is already in use
Only alpha-numeric a-z, 0-9 characters and hypens - are allowed.

I'm the only " *~KaBoom!" on the boards and always have been, so I don't know what the heck is going on...

Leigh or someone else....can you tell me what I am doing wrong here??
Any efforts would be greatly appreciated - thanks a ton in advance!!
Larry

Kirt
07-20-2011, 11:29 PM
Only alpha-numeric a-z, 0-9 characters and hypens - are allowed.
Asterisk, tilde and exclamation mark are not alpha-numeric characters.

KBoom
07-20-2011, 11:58 PM
Asterisk, tilde and exclamation mark are not alpha-numeric characters.
And yet I am logged on with them as part of my username...

I've never had a problem with it before, unless they've changed something, which would be fine with me EXCEPT that I can't get to my portfolio...get it?

Kirt
07-21-2011, 01:01 AM
Do you want help or are you trying to push my patience?

CGPortfolio uses your username as part of your portfolio's URL (i.e. kirt.cgsociety.org). Therefore, you cannot use non-alpha numeric characters in your username if you wish to have a CGPortfolio. The forums and CGPortfolio are not the same system. To fix your CGPortfolio you need to change your username to something that has all alpha-numeric characters (hyphens are OK).

Use this link to change your username. (http://portfolio.cgsociety.org/manage/account.php)

KBoom
07-21-2011, 01:25 AM
No, I wanted help...seems like your are taking what I wrote as a negative thing and it wasn't meant to be that. Maybe I should have wrote "Does that make sense?" as opposed to "get it?"?

I'll try what you suggested though, thanks.
Peace brother.

Keenly
07-22-2011, 02:20 AM
put simply URLs can't contain alpha-numeric characters and spaces...

before the portfolio section of cgsociety was created (back when you registered) we allowed username to have non alpha-numeric characters and spaces.
But because the portfolio uses your username in the URL ('http://KBoom.cgsociety.org') we require you don't have any of the special characters.

so you were able to continue using '*~KaBoom!' on the forums as long as you didn't create portfolio, and as we build new features on the site that may require your username to be in the URL it is likely your old username would become more and more redundant.

CGTalk Moderation
07-22-2011, 02:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.