PDA

View Full Version : Rigging a Centaur!? Help!

CGSculptor
07-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Hello,

I am about to rig a centaur (half human, half horse) in 3ds max using CAT rig. I would like to somehow use .bip mocaps that I have for this rig, however I am a little confused how I can do this. I have human mocaps for his top, for example swinging a weapon and what not. I have horse gallop mocaps for the bottom horse part, but how can I use both kinds of mocaps on one rig like this? I was thinking maybe using different layers, but can you join the preset Base Human rig and the Horse rig and still import mocaps? I am just a little confused if this is possible or how to setup the rig. Any help would be really awesome, thanks guys.

CGSculptor
07-21-2011, 02:06 AM
sorry guys, gonna have to bumpity bump bump.

wtoddk
07-21-2011, 08:27 AM
In Max, I don't think there's any way to apply 2 .bip files to one rig. However, MotionBuilder is great for applying different animations to different parts of a character. You'd just have to get your .bip data converted to .fbx and you're set. Getting CAT skeletons into MoBu is a breeze, too.

Hello,

I am about to rig a centaur (half human, half horse) in 3ds max using CAT rig. I would like to somehow use .bip mocaps that I have for this rig, however I am a little confused how I can do this. I have human mocaps for his top, for example swinging a weapon and what not. I have horse gallop mocaps for the bottom horse part, but how can I use both kinds of mocaps on one rig like this? I was thinking maybe using different layers, but can you join the preset Base Human rig and the Horse rig and still import mocaps? I am just a little confused if this is possible or how to setup the rig. Any help would be really awesome, thanks guys.

CGTalk Moderation
07-21-2011, 08:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.