PDA

View Full Version : Loki laughing

Prs-Phil
10-31-2003, 09:36 AM
This is a old concept art a m8 of mine did for a indigame we where trying to make :).
I thought it would be interesting to post it here because it does have something. The adams apple is a bit weird but I think it does evoce some emotion ... take a look

http://www.planetredstudios.com/HH/Lokilachend.jpg

studiomiguel
10-31-2003, 02:49 PM
Nicely captured expression, but I think this piece could be helped by creating some mood with lighting and eventually color. Decide where your light source is. Remember that lighting from below often creates a sinister look, which might be appropriate for this image. Imagine lots of contrast, chiarascuro even.
Also, the composition is a little boring. He's stuck in the center without consideration to what will be in the background. Perhaps you could reduce him in size, offset him and create some element in the background that is causing this expression.

Just some ideas. It's a good foundation.

M

Drakaran
11-02-2003, 07:56 PM
not a bad sketch, I'd like to see more of this developed. Further I would say that I'm confused by the title as there really is no viking/norse reference about the sketch (which is where Loki comes from).

Virilis
11-10-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by miguel446
...lots of contrast, chiarascuro...

Fantastic word use! Such vocabulary is so uncommon, yet so approprite.. I applaud your efforts :D

As for the drawing, you need more detail in the teeth, and of course that adam's apple. Establishing the folds of his robe/clothing with your chosen light source can make this look quite evil and "mwhahaha"-ish. Good luck.

cuse
11-11-2003, 03:35 PM
This looks so much like nomad in blade2 its uncanny... just without that scar.

cuse

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.