PDA

View Full Version : is Bobo's Inherit Textel Color particle script still valid for 2011

em3
07-19-2011, 06:12 PM
http://www.scriptspot.com/bobo/mxs5/pflow/pflow__inherit_UV.htm

When I run it I get the following errors but I am not sure why

MouseTool:ScriptAction4D091FA0
-- Error occurred in i loop
-- Frame:
-- tv1: undefined
-- arr: undefined
-- tv3: undefined
-- i: 1
-- tfcount: undefined
-- theRay: undefined
-- tv2: undefined
-- tv: undefined
-- tf: undefined
-- called in Proceed()
-- Frame:
-- pCont: ReferenceTarget:MaxscriptParticleContainer

thanks!

PiXeL_MoNKeY
07-19-2011, 06:30 PM
What exactly are you trying to do? With 2010+ you have the Particle Flow Toolbox #1 (Pflow Advanced) Mapping Object Operator which has the same functionality without scripting.

-Eric

em3
07-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks for your reply. I have a plane with a wave modifier running across it. I have an animated gradient ramp that follows the wave with the opacity of the material appearing at the peak of the wave. What I would like is to have the particles emitting from the waves peak where it is animating the opacity. I realize that's not exactly what that script does but I wanted to play around with it. Sounds like your PFlow mapping object will do it!

Thanks, and if you have any hints for me on this one, I would appreciate it :)

http://www.davetyner.com/images/emitter.jpg

PiXeL_MoNKeY
07-19-2011, 07:00 PM
The script doesn't spawn based on mapping it gets the color/UV data from geometry and applied it to the particles. What you probably need to use is the Birth Texture Operator, which will allow you to emit particles based on gray scale value. However for best results you would want black everywhere, except that line where you would want white.

-Eric

em3
07-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Looks like I can get a similar result from position object operator. I will take all following q's to the pflow forum.

Thanks, Eric!

CGTalk Moderation
07-19-2011, 07:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.