PDA

View Full Version : pflow exponential slow down

timsep
07-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Quick question, I'm creating a simple flow, where particle are birth to a position object, then using the lock / bond allowing them to flow on the surface. I'm noticing though that at the beginning of the animation to the end the particles slow down drastically, with no animation to the speed or velocity. Does anyone have a clue how / why this is happening? It's like there is a global drag on the particles somewhere.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you

JohnnyRandom
07-19-2011, 04:55 PM
What settings are you using in you Lock/Bond? Are you Dampening with Friction or Air/Fluid?

What type of Force percentage do you have?

Can you post a simple preview exhibiting the behaviour?

timsep
07-28-2011, 04:30 PM
here's a small file attached showing whats happening. notice the fast ramp up at the initial start then an exponential decrease in the speed.

thanks for the help

JohnnyRandom
07-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Hmm, it looks like the Speed is not evaluated constantly, nor do I think it is supposed to. You can over come this by creating a loop with a new event and a duplicate Speed op/Lock&Bond/Age Test.

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2011, 08:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.