PDA

View Full Version : mental ray crashes at same point each time

what?
07-14-2011, 10:50 AM
hi,
i'm having really bad crashes with some scenes someone has given me and i can't figure out how to stop it.
every time i try and render a frame it crashes at the same point, i.e. 35% done. i don't think it's a memory issues because i still have plenty of ram free. if i change the size of the render i do get further, but to get some of them to finish rendering i have to change the size to like 10x8 pixels, so it's not very useful.
i've tried changing every setting i can think of, and the only way i can get it to render is to change all the shaders on it to the default lambert.
does anyone have any idea's what i could do?
cheers

kiryha
07-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Submit frame for batch rendering with verbosity level=progress massages and look into mayaRendelog.txt
It should give you an idea of whats going on.

what?
07-15-2011, 11:04 AM
yeah i tried that and was no the wiser.
i managed to narrow it down to a shader/texture in each scene. although it was different in each.
weird thing is it renders fine in 2011. just not 2012. weird.
thanks for the help thou.

kiryha
07-15-2011, 11:19 AM
What was the latest strings in mayaRenderLog?
And nothing weird that switching software vertions will cause problems. Unfortunately.

CGTalk Moderation
07-15-2011, 11:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.