PDA

View Full Version : Maya won't batch render

MrMatt
07-13-2011, 02:47 PM
Basically, I'm quite new to maya, but i've batch rendered before (on a different mac).

I downloaded Squirrely 2.0 (from creative crash) earlier and made a little animation, but whenever I try and batch render, it renders in a split second (obviously too fast for anything to have been rendered) and there is no new file in the path folder...
I also get this warning:

// Warning: Texture file /Volumes/Samwise/projects/maya//assets/characters/Squirrely/Textures/eye_hazel.png doesn't exist, node file1 //

- file1 is missing a file texture on disk.

// Warning: Texture file /Volumes/Samwise/projects/maya//assets/characters/Squirrely/Textures/diffuse_orange.png doesn't exist, node Skin:file3 //

- Skin:file3 is missing a file texture on disk.

// Warning: Texture file G:/Users/Joshua/Dropbox/Squirrely/Textures/Shaders/spec.png doesn't exist, node Skin:file6 //

- Skin:file6 is missing a file texture on disk.

// Error: No object matches name: defaultLightSet.surfaceShader //

even though the textures are in the folder..

Any help would be appreciated, i'm sure its an easy problem to fix.. thanks

comfortk
07-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Without knowing any other info, I would say to re-link your textures and apply a new surface shader to whatever the other surface shader is mapped to.

You don't seem to be getting errors specifically with the batch render, you're just getting errors because the model was made on a different machine

CGTalk Moderation
07-26-2011, 04:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.