PDA

View Full Version : roto/camera track replacement

borbafett
07-12-2011, 11:20 PM
im brand new to nuke. i've watched all hours of the lynda tutorials on nuke however, and searched these forums for my answer before i posted.

what im trying to do (which is so simple it's not even funny) is take footage we shot, and superimpose a section of a screenshot we took from 1 frame. in the shot, there is a car with it's hazard lights on, and it's very distracting. so i took a screenshot of a frame that doesn't have the yellow hazard lights on, and im trying to get that cropped portion of the car to overlay over the footage. problem 1 is i don't know how to do that. problem 2 is that the footage was shot on a steady cam, and not a tripod, so there is movement.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

pingking
07-13-2011, 04:58 AM
well, best is to get some more tutorials and basic understanding of compositing (take a look at the tutorials on the foundry website)

for your task the basic would be masking and tracking.

track the parts of the footage where you want to replace the parts and then over the "clean" plate (sounds siimple, can be simple, depends on the movement of your footage)

CGTalk Moderation
07-13-2011, 04:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.