PDA

View Full Version : Listener vs. Wire Parameters

El_Kahone
07-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Hello everyone,

I am just learning some MaxScript basics, and I was wondering if I could get an assist.

I am having a problem getting an object to alter its X_position based on the Local_Euler_Z of an Expose Transform helper ("Test_ExposeXForm_Leg_L"). The formula is simple:

(6.8 - (Local_Euler_Z * 0.062))

When I plug that into the wire parameters, it doesn't work. However, when I plug it into the MaxScript listener as (6.8 - ($Test_ExposeXForm_Leg_L.Local_Euler_Z * 0.062)), it gives me the correct result. (Depending on the Local_Euler_Z of the Expose Transform (0 - 90), it should go from an X_position of 6.8 to an X_position of 1.22.)

I've been able to get an approximately correct result in the wire parameters by using the formula (6.8 - (Local_Euler_Z * 3.3)).
If I plug (6.8 - ($Test_ExposeXForm_Leg_L.Local_Euler_Z * 3.3)) into the listener, it gives me a range of 6.79995 to -290.2.

Does anybody know what's causing the difference?

CGTalk Moderation
07-12-2011, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.