PDA

View Full Version : Howdo I genete particles with fumefx birth node with the same initial state of fumefx

ajayvfx3d
07-10-2011, 04:37 AM
Iam trying to generate partcles from fumefx birth node in particle flow with a fume fx simulation which has already an initial state. These particles i want to render in Krakatoa.

The result Iam getting is fume fx fumes are having an initial state, but particle generated from them are generating from 0. How do I generate particles with fumefx birth node with the same initial state of fumefx...

Thnx
Ajay

JohnnyRandom
07-11-2011, 06:15 PM
EDIT: Seems I found a bug with the FumeFX Birth op not wanting to populate at frame 0. Seems it likes frame 1 for some reason. Seems the base is off.

Anyway I posted a sample, it is a quick sim, you will have to "get" an initial state first by running the sim once. It basically shows a basic use of the pflow ops whether you use inital state or not.

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2011, 06:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.