PDA

View Full Version : Possible to extend a map with source from Library?

PiXeL_MoNKeY
07-09-2011, 11:28 PM
I was wondering if it is possible to extend a map, but have it be a map referenced from a library? Basically I am looking for a way to extend an output map with replaced UI, set to rbg mode, with curve points already animated so they be accessed/modified by script. So how would I change the instance of the plugin to be my desired output map from disc? Is it possible or does anyone know the proper route?

-Eric

denisT
07-10-2011, 05:28 AM
I was wondering if it is possible to extend a map, but have it be a map referenced from a library? Basically I am looking for a way to extend an output map with replaced UI, set to rbg mode, with curve points already animated so they be accessed/modified by script. So how would I change the instance of the plugin to be my desired output map from disc? Is it possible or does anyone know the proper route?

-Eric

i'm absolutely sure that you can't extend the reference... you can extend a class.
but here is a theory... it might works or not. i've not checked it up.
-- extend the output map with replace UI (if you need it)
-- newly created scripted texturemap creates the delegated map (it's a node after this moment)
-- load any output map from library using create event for example
-- replace instance of delegated map with the loaded one
-- set-up the new instance using settings of the scripted texturemap.

by the way, do you need all of these because max doesn't provide methods to animate the output map's curve control via mxs?

PiXeL_MoNKeY
07-10-2011, 05:57 AM
by the way, do you need all of these because max doesn't provide methods to animate the output map's curve control via mxs?Pretty much yes. Plan to use it to take a greyscale input map and remap the colors to desired rgb values. Gradient Ramp won't work as it screws up the alpha channels and sets all alpha to 1.0, but it would have the same lack of maxscript access. Is there a way to handle the curve control through mxs?

-Eric

denisT
07-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Is there a way to handle the curve control through mxs?

it depends on what you want to handle... probably the most complicated part will be to create points and make them animatable. but theoretically it's possible.

PiXeL_MoNKeY
07-10-2011, 06:22 AM
I figure it could be hacked through the UI Accessor or Windows Structure, but for now I guess I will just build a floating dialog to handle it and just load the map that needs to be edited into it. For now that will probably be the best and fastest approach, plus prevent the need to distribute the scripted plugin.

-Eric

CGTalk Moderation
07-10-2011, 06:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.