PDA

View Full Version : Softimage and Boujou

VirtualMaddin
07-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Hey guys,
I have a big problem with getting boujou 5 camera-data into xsi 2011. In boujou the track looks really good, but when I import the .xsi-file into Softimage the tracker-nulls are not in the right place on the rotoscope... I know xsi messes up with the camera-format but when I fix this, it's still wrong. I compared it with the import in Maya and there, it works fine.

I googled the whole day for this problem but I didn't find a solution.
Hope you can help me!

Martin

Chris-TC
07-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Export as VBScript, run it, set Rotoscope Offset to 1.

VirtualMaddin
07-10-2011, 03:02 PM
thanks for your reply, but with the vb-script I get this error-message:

' ERROR : 2000 - Argument 0 (Target) is invalid
' ERROR : 2001-EDIT-SetValue - Argument 0 is invalid
SetValue "Clips.test _1__119_3__jpg.timectrl.clipin", 1
' ERROR : Invalid procedure call or argument: 'SetValue' - [line 16]

Chris-TC
07-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Have you set the scripting language in Softimage to VBScript?

CoolCalb
07-11-2011, 02:08 PM
When importing a .xsi from boujou into Soft, you need to set the BoujouCam parameters inside softimage yourself. I writing from memory, so I think you should set the Format and the pixel ratio
according to the footage you just tracked.
Also, check out that the rotoscope start frame, matches to the BouCam start Keyframe. (sometimes
it's starts at 0)

Another little general tip (not related to this issue), you can Plot All Transformations for the Boujou Camera, then you can
delete the Boujou Interest, and use the BouCam parent to scale move and rotate the camera,
so you can match scene size easily to the 3D objects in your scene..

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2011, 02:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.