PDA

View Full Version : My master control is translating its rotation to the joints

gordo24
07-08-2011, 11:58 PM
I have a very basic FK rig. Everything is working but there is one big problem that I am having that I have never had before. It is a bi-ped character and the problem is that when I turn the master control, the one that has everything parented to it, the joints inherent the twist that I give the master control. I don't know why this is happening other rigs that I have set up don't do this. Help.

JHN
07-09-2011, 06:48 PM
What software? If max, maybe inherit rotation is turned of accidentally?

-Johan

gordo24
07-11-2011, 05:02 PM
sorry it is Maya. New information. What is happening is that when I rotate the master control say 80 degrees that same 80 degree rotation is applied to the joints that are attached to the top and bottom joints of my Leg IK. I deleted the IK for the leg and the problem fixed, I replaced it with a new one and the problem returned. I suppose I could do a full FK but that would make animation harder.

edit: solved it was a problem with the pole vectors for the leg IK. Just deleted them and placed in new ones and it fixed the problem.

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2011, 05:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.