PDA

View Full Version : GRE necessary for Grad School in Fine arts and Art history?

Jae1234
07-08-2011, 04:13 AM
Hello everyone,
my question is do you need to take GRE for MFA (Fine art) in painting? What about for Art History? I have heard that it is usually required for Art History but is it the same case for Fine arts? Thanks in advance.

fig
07-08-2011, 06:11 PM
It could vary by school, your best bet is to look at admissions requirements for the schools you're interested in (should be on their websites).

Phaustus
07-08-2011, 07:29 PM
I would say that it's better to be safe than sorry in this case. I remember when I was looking at a lot of different grad schools, the bigger ones tended to require the GRE. Or else they say it's a plus to have it. I'd say if you have the option, take it.

taxguy
07-09-2011, 01:59 PM
I have rarely, if ever, seen a school that requires the GRE for fine arts masters programs with the one exception for Art History. However, if you do well on them, you can get a scholarship from some places such as USC>

CGTalk Moderation
07-09-2011, 01:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.