PDA

View Full Version : Modelling Female hair.

KidBuu
07-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Just like the title says, I dont want to do Maya hair (never used it first timer) but i have the basic body modelled, Before i go into any details i want to do hair first because the hair is the most dangerous thing on a female body, if done wrong the sexy look is spoiled, so how do i model hair? I have checked out that Varga low poly hair tutorial but i didn't understand anything from it. Is there a kind of video tut or a video showing overview? I want to make long hair, imagine Nariko from Heavenly Sword. Oh and how to texture that hair after modeling?

I want to do highly detailed CG hair, not a low poly video game hair, since i am doing a still art and its not going to be used in animation.
Also rather than a modelling tutorial, i would love tips and tricks, if in case i chaange my mind and decide not to do long hair. I am using Maya 2009.

fantasizer
07-11-2011, 04:56 PM
https://sites.google.com/site/cgriders/jc/hair

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2011, 04:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.