PDA

View Full Version : rough running animation

BryanR32
07-05-2011, 08:43 PM
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/186/3/b/marrnessolov_ani_run_by_eptigo-d3l30le.swf

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/186/3/b/marrnessolov_ani_run_by_eptigo-d3l30le.swf

feedback is appreciated

desmondying
07-06-2011, 05:30 AM
Hi
I love the overlapping action on the hair. Your upper body is looking great and working really well, but its the lower body that I'm concerned about.

I noticed that its more of a brisk walk than a run. In a run there has to be at a point in time where both the feet are off the ground. Also for a run, both feet should not be in contact with the ground on the same frame.

Look at the Animator survival kit for reference.

Another thing, you might want to lean your character forward a little depending on his speed.
Post your wips here, I'd like to see more of it.

drewpan
07-06-2011, 06:26 AM
I noticed that its more of a brisk walk than a run. In a run there has to be at a point in time where both the feet are off the ground. Also for a run, both feet should not be in contact with the ground on the same frame.

Agreed!

All in all, it works really REALLY well as a brisk walk (or a confident strut - that's the impression I get from it), but if you're aiming for a run then you're quite a bit off.

Other ways to turn it into a run:
1) His arms also make it look more like a walk, as he's swinging them freely. Runners generally have their arms more bent and close to their body.
2) His hair should pretty much just trail behind. A run has a pretty constant speed, so his hair would not drop down to his back (unless he's running pretty slowly).
3) Because both feet leave the ground in a run, each step should travel much farther than what his feet could stretch out to... like maybe 1.5 times a regular stride.

But looking good anyway. Good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
07-06-2011, 06:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.