PDA

View Full Version : Angel

ffrankjuh
10-29-2003, 11:58 PM
I made this quite a while ago. I just thought it could fit in this new forum:D
I made it as a test for coloring in a different way I was used to.

later,
Frank

http://wdka.hro.nl/~0542282/angel.jpg

dpvtank
10-30-2003, 12:29 AM
the shoulder on the left side bothers me. he seems to have laid it on the ground to support himself. I would say try and make the shoulder there a bit lower and more sunk down...and the hand could be more further towards us...just a tad bit..

maybe to show how tired he is...that he can't support his own self with the arm...

MarkSnoswell
10-30-2003, 01:47 AM
Nice concept sketch ... I'd like to hear what you are planning to do with this?

Agent D
10-30-2003, 05:34 AM
I'm not sure I agree with dpvtank: If he is in fact support himself, and you're trying to convey that he's weak or hurt, I would push his supporting arm's shoulder upwards past his back, and maybe bring the other down. It would look more like his arm is the only thing keeping him from collapsing. Right now, it could almost look like he's pushing himself back up.

As for the overall feeling of the image, I think a background (simple shading or otherwise) would help a lot. For drama, you could try pushing the contrast and lighting more also.

Ziye-Liu
10-30-2003, 09:41 AM
Good...Quiet well:!)

mjb2
10-30-2003, 03:31 PM
I also think this is a very good start to something much better. If this is the farthest you plan on taking this then I like the mood and pose. If you plan to add more color to enhance the mood and emotion then I think it could be much better.

zou
10-30-2003, 10:40 PM
hello
you are giving him advices as if he asked for to express a feeling.
frankjuh what's the feeling you are expresssing with this sketch.
when i look to it, i feel: despair, fear, unable to do the things he want.
that's my feeling

dpvtank
11-01-2003, 11:45 PM
indeed...what emotion is being conveyed here?

I think the person was feeling tired, and defeated, and weak, and the thought that "I just can't do it anymore" that kinda feeling. thus my comment.

ukyo
11-02-2003, 04:40 AM
copy cat,

just kidding.

im already partial to this post because of the subject matter. what are your intentions with it. are u planning to go 3d with it or not. i think the background is to bright it would fit the depressed mood better if it was darker.

jrwells
11-02-2003, 12:37 PM
I like the over all feel of the picture, and I can really tell how the angel feels, but the one thing that is throwing me off is the wings. They seem to be too smooth and perky, like the angle is wasted and completly out of energy, yet his wings still stand tall and come down to drape over his body. If this was intentional I feel that it takes away from the pose of his body.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.