PDA

View Full Version : Getting an object from a script controller.

Ojah
07-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Hi,

got a small problem with scripted controllers and hoped you guys could help me :).

Im simply trying to extract the objects used in a scriptcontroller. To test this i made some simple code that creates a box with a scriptcontroller that references a created cylinder's position controller.
Now if I want to get the cylinder-object by using getTarget my print returns the controller (Controller:Position_XYZ).
code:
theBox = box name:"testbox"
theCyl = cylinder name:"testCylinder"

theBox.pos.controller[1].controller = (float_script())

ctrl = theBox.pos.controller[1].controller

ctrl.addTarget "testTarget" theCyl.pos.controller

getCyl = ctrl.getTarget 5 asObject:true

print getCyl
if anyone knows how to get the print to show the cylinder object, please let me know :)
Thanks

PEN
07-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Look up refs in the help and also have a look at a post that JHN just posted about additions to the struct. You will need to find out what is dependent on that controller.

Ojah
07-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks! Works perfect and learned something new :). Too bad im working on an old version of max though so i cannot check those additions atm, seems to be something to keep in mind.

CGTalk Moderation
07-05-2011, 10:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.