PDA

View Full Version : Renders are stuck

Solbester
07-04-2011, 03:58 PM
I've been working on a project that has taken up all of my time, and now I'm trying to render and its not working. I'm using render layers but nothing special just so i can render out the objects separately or else the renders will take an hour per frame. So i select my render layer, make it so its the only one that render, and hit batch render. I'm using a large BSP, almost all the RAM I have. I set the render to start at frame 700, but when it gets to frame 722 it stays at 90 percent and doesn't finish. I've been trying this for the past three days. I tried rendering it with maya closed but nothing. What else can i do? This render wont pass 722.

Also I noticed that when i accidentally put the cameras focal length to the default number which is 35 and render it worked but when i changed it to what i need it to be which is 24 it gets stuck. What do i do?

playmesumch00ns
07-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Has it written out frames 700 to 721? What happens if you start at frame 722? What if you start at 723?

Solbester
07-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Has it written out frames 700 to 721? What happens if you start at frame 722? What if you start at 723?
Yea, ive tried starting from 723 but same issue, it just wont complete the render

gcr113
07-05-2011, 04:52 AM
I can really only offer some general troubleshooting tips to figure out where the problem lies. You mentioned the camera, have you tried batch rendering frame 722 from a different camera? Delete the one you have and create a new one, or maybe just try the perspective (also, what is your far clipping plane set to?). If there's no change, try disabling other costly render settings like motion blur and final gather, one at a time. Keep disabling/lowering settings until you are rendering with just your key light. If you can batch frame 722 with just your key light and shadows, start slowly adding back your lights and settings until you find the culprit.

Edit: You also may want to try going to Render > Run Render Diagnostics and checking out the results in the script editor to see if there is anything unusual happening in your scene.

Solbester
07-05-2011, 02:38 PM
I can really only offer some general troubleshooting tips to figure out where the problem lies. You mentioned the camera, have you tried batch rendering frame 722 from a different camera? Delete the one you have and create a new one, or maybe just try the perspective (also, what is your far clipping plane set to?). If there's no change, try disabling other costly render settings like motion blur and final gather, one at a time. Keep disabling/lowering settings until you are rendering with just your key light. If you can batch frame 722 with just your key light and shadows, start slowly adding back your lights and settings until you find the culprit.

Edit: You also may want to try going to Render > Run Render Diagnostics and checking out the results in the script editor to see if there is anything unusual happening in your scene.

Hey, I applied everything you said, but still stays stuck. I have a feeling its the displacements. I tried a new camera and discovered that the Focal length is messing it up because when i leave the camera at default it seems to work.

CGTalk Moderation
07-05-2011, 02:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.