PDA

View Full Version : 3D schools in Brisbane/Australia

rhone
07-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Any one had any experience at a college or uni that they found worthwhile (good staff or well organized/ structured course). I know you get out of it what you put in but there are still a lot of options. Location doesnt matter either. I have been looking at Qantm because of the price but I dont really know any 3d artist in Australia. Any advice or experience is appreciated.

arke1
07-11-2011, 04:23 AM
I'd be curious about this one also. It'd be great to hear from some fellow Brisbanites on the subject.

I'm interested in courses on max and arch viz preferably. Any recommendations?

sonic5150
07-14-2011, 02:18 PM
hey guys,

I studied the Diploma of Screen at QANTM in Brisbane in 2004. It was really great learned a lot to do with modeling and animation both 2D and 3D for games and film including character and facial animation. They use all the latest software photoshop, premier pro, flash, soundforge, acid pro, 3Ds Max, maya and combustion. It's great if you want to learn 3ds max coz that's what they teach rather than maya. They are very professional in the delivery of their courses and are very structured.

The prices aren't too bad compared to other colleges and they are all austudy approved but don't offer any other help like HECS or FEE-HELP. They do have a relationship with the NAB for student tertiary loans though. If I remember correctly there is little or no interest on the loan through the bank. you might have to check that out though.

Well hope that helps...I consider myself an intermediate 3ds max user and can work out a lot of things on my own in the software thanks to QANTM's teaching methods.

Good luck :)

also try JMC Academy. I am studying there at the moment in Melbourne and so far it's great too. learning lots of additional tools and methods and I think they have a Brisbane campus too.

CGTalk Moderation
07-14-2011, 02:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.