PDA

View Full Version : Troubles with DOS rendering in maya 2012

diegosouza
07-02-2011, 01:46 PM
hello :wavey:
this week, i had to render a scene with 2 cameras, so like aways i would use the that thing with .bat files, then rendering jus with the DOS.
but for a long time since i didnt do this... now i use maya 2012.
when i click on my .bat file, the DOS said that it didnt recognize my version of maya, was obvious it was using my old versions render, that i had on my pc, so i desinstalled the old ones, and reinstalled maya 2012.
but yet i cannot render. now DOS says that my command isnt recognized.
like if maya "render" wasnt installed,... whats going on?
thanks much :bowdown: , and sorry for my english

jedipottsy
07-02-2011, 02:39 PM
hello :wavey:
this week, i had to render a scene with 2 cameras, so like aways i would use the that thing with .bat files, then rendering jus with the DOS.
but for a long time since i didnt do this... now i use maya 2012.
when i click on my .bat file, the DOS said that it didnt recognize my version of maya, was obvious it was using my old versions render, that i had on my pc, so i desinstalled the old ones, and reinstalled maya 2012.
but yet i cannot render. now DOS says that my command isnt recognized.
like if maya "render" wasnt installed,... whats going on?
thanks much :bowdown: , and sorry for my english

If you have two versions of maya installed, the Render.exe inside the windows folder doesnt know which to point to. You'll have to either run a command line (Its not DOS) from the maya bin folder, ie
Start > Run > CMD.exe
cd "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2012\bin\"
Render.exe C:\User\Documents\Maya\Projects\Project\Scene\Scene.mb

Replace User, Project and Scene with your usename, project name and scene name.

or you can edit the batch file you use with notepad and change the Render.exe command to
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2012\bin\Render.exe

If you dont specify a directory windows will assume the exe is either in the same directory as your batch file, or the folder where your running the command from, or it will assume its inside the windows directory, but having two instances of maya installed will break this functionality.

CGTalk Moderation
07-02-2011, 02:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.