PDA

View Full Version : How to use the Aux Effector for own rig and not Maya's Human IK/FK

IsaacClark
07-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Hello everybody,

first of all I'm using Maya 2012. I've made a character, which I rigged. Now for practicing purposes I would like the character to do some fancy stuff like swinging etc. I would like his hands to be fixed at the object, so I don't need to adjust the position of his arms, hands and fingers constantly when I'm moving the other body parts.

Well I'm assure of the powerful feature you have in Maya 2012 with this Human IK/FK stuff. But I don't want to use this "preset rig", because I want to specialize myself more in Rigging and Animation.

Well the think I like to know is how to use the auxilary Effector of the Human IK/FK for my own character rig without using the preset one? I mean in general I think when I connect the joints from the Human IK/FK Viewport with the joints of mine as shown in the feature videos, it could be possible. But what if I have a nonhuman Character? (A monster with 100 arms for example)
And the last question: is there any other workarounds to fix this problem with locking the hands on an object, so I can independently move the other body parts without destroying the hand positions?

Thank you guys for any help.

CGTalk Moderation
07-01-2011, 06:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.