PDA

View Full Version : Fox TV's 'Bones' :: Production Focus

PaulHellard
07-01-2011, 02:46 AM
Hey,

The hard working crowd at LOOK FX showed CGSociety the lengths they go to, to produce 'Bones' VFX for Fox Television. With only about 5-8 days to deliver all of the VFX from start to finish, this is a tall order. LOOK FX's VFX Supervisor Christian Cardona takes up the story.

Click the image to watch and read.

http://features.cgsociety.org//images/plugs/feature/bones_featureplug.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/story.php?story_id=6336)

cgm
07-01-2011, 04:51 AM
Very wonderful,Great work:)

masterofacid
07-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Why the hell didnīt we get a heads up about the very unpleasent corpses!?!? But when a nipple is barley visible you get moral panic and stamp "NUDITIY" all over the post.

Next time, please give us a heads up about gorey shit like this.

Thank you.

pap87
07-02-2011, 03:47 AM
It's a show called "BONES" and it's about forensic investigation of the specifically gruesome bodily remains. What did you expect this article to be about?

frogchild
07-03-2011, 04:16 AM
It's so impressive what they're able to do on such a truncated schedule.

Here's to agile development! Woo!

Great job everybody.

darthviper107
07-03-2011, 05:15 AM
Fantastic show by the way. Makes CSI look boring.

plastic
07-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Why the hell didnīt we get a heads up about the very unpleasent corpses!?!? But when a nipple is barley visible you get moral panic and stamp "NUDITIY" all over the post.

Next time, please give us a heads up about gorey shit like this.

Thank you.

I agree, it's ridiculous. Nothing wrong with gore, but as a kid I wouldn't have wanted to see that. I'm not familiar with this show, at what time does it run? Is it rated "R"?

darthviper107
07-03-2011, 06:17 PM
It's a primetime show, there's no R rating for TV. Pretty much everything has to be acceptable for all age groups although on some shows they put a "Parental Discretion Advised" notice before the show starts. Otherwise the shows not suitable for children are shown late so it's assumed that children are in bed. There's channels like HBO that you pay extra for and those shows are unrated (like Game of Thrones which has full nudity, violence, and language). But this show is on regular TV.

As for nudity vs. violence. At the top of CGTalk at the moment there's an image of a rabbit/hare with human like breasts, so I'm not entirely sure the censorship of nudity is held up all that much either.

MaxPower2727
07-04-2011, 01:38 AM
Bloody amazing guys. Very inspirational!

AgaTanga
07-05-2011, 07:55 AM
i gotta say, though i love the show, i never watch it while eating!

republicavfx
07-05-2011, 12:59 PM
agile development

lol...= overworked

CGTalk Moderation
07-05-2011, 12:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.