PDA

View Full Version : Neuronal bifurcation

Starbutt
06-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Hi everybody,
I have my first small project for scientific paper, but I am very new to Maya (at the level of 3D Buzz Maya Fundamentals, "Abduction" project) and badly need your help!
I have to illustrate the neuron with the new outgrowing process. This process divide into two, which continue to grow and each of them divide again into two processes (bifurcation).
Now, I can imagine how I can make a single process to move (IK) and grow (keyframe move and scale transformations), but I don't really know what should I do to divide the process into two new ones.
I hope I could describe what I mean. If not, I will be able to attach some sketches later on.
Please, please, help!

Starbutt
06-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Btw, the simplest way would be probably the face extrusion on the tip of the process and keyframing.

But maybe there are some other standard or better approaches, since the dichotomy/ bifurcation must be quite a common thing in nature...

CGTalk Moderation
06-30-2011, 01:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.