PDA

View Full Version : mia_roundCorners inner edges

Robosity
06-29-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm having a problem where mia_roundcorners does not "filet" inner edges. If you look at where I've highlighted in red, you can see where roundcorners is not affecting the shading. Is there a way to achieve the round corners shading effect to both outer and inner edges?

http://i.imgur.com/H9zue.jpg

Kakkoii
06-30-2011, 12:11 AM
The round corners shader isn't a perfect solution for creating the illusion of round corners, especially for situations like that. It's view dependent. It will rarely do smooth shading on those inside curves. Depending on the size of the hole and how far inside it is will change how the round corners look and whether they work. It's mainly meant for convex edges.

If you are going to be creating an object that you get close up to, it's best to use normal bevels to create those smooth curves. Round corners is really only good for far away things and architecture that has a lot of convex edges which makes this approach a lot quicker.

CGTalk Moderation
06-30-2011, 12:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.