PDA

View Full Version : Zbrush: mac or pc

joshbailey
06-29-2011, 06:13 PM
I am about to purchase zbrush either for the mac or pc. I prefer os x to windows so my main concern is the history of zbrush with the lagged releases of the mac version. Is this lag behind issue a thing of the past or still present?

joshbailey
06-30-2011, 11:47 PM
bump. Anyone?

mykyl
07-01-2011, 08:36 AM
I guess nobody really knows. I am on osX having moved from pc a few years ago. Zbrush 4 is very good and to be honest while it is annoying when one side gets features first its not really a deal breaker. I much prefer to use it on osX rather than having to load up windows just for zbrush.

The only things I know of that is currently missing from zbrush osX is the ability to organize your projects into sub-folders and the ability to search online using lightbox.

Last I heard these features were coming soon which I am bolshy enough to state is bull. My reason? Next month it will be a year since we got zbrush 4 and still no sign of these two features. My projects directory is a mess and I really want the ability to search for references within zbrush like the pc folks have but not a deal breaker.

After all of that I would still recommend going the osX route. With the same amount of ram as my pc had I can subdivide and sculpt at higher resolutions than on the pc (I own both versions).

Cheers

Mike R

joshbailey
07-01-2011, 12:58 PM
thanks mike, I was hoping to stick with os x and I will

cgbeige
07-05-2011, 09:44 PM
ya, the ZBrush 4 OS X release is really great. Stable and it's not like it used to be with regard to Mac support: plug-ins for OS X always come out the same day as the Windows ones now. I spoke to Jaime at Pixologic and their Mac user base has expanded greatly so I'm sure they are an equal priority now.

CGTalk Moderation
07-05-2011, 09:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.