PDA

View Full Version : New UDK release

ultramedia
06-28-2011, 10:24 PM
I've had a quick look and I didn't see anything here, so I'll just mention it quickly:

UDK have put up their July release, it's an absolutely brilliant release for me because they have reintroduced foliage! (wannabe RPG makers rejoice).

I complained about the foliage being removed for a couple of months so much at their forums I figured I owed them some free word of mouth advertising for getting it back in and going with the new landscape system ;)

Check it out, it's hot stuff!

Skamierski
06-29-2011, 11:11 AM
I've had a quick look and I didn't see anything here, so I'll just mention it quickly:

UDK have put up their July release, it's an absolutely brilliant release for me because they have reintroduced foliage! (wannabe RPG makers rejoice).

I complained about the foliage being removed for a couple of months so much at their forums I figured I owed them some free word of mouth advertising for getting it back in and going with the new landscape system ;)

Check it out, it's hot stuff!

really nice update

il like the inbuilt poly reducer for creating LODs without leaving the engine.
some additional info:
http://www.udk.com/news-beta-jun2011

cheers

Kanga
07-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Ha ha Simon, when I saw this release and I had to think of you and your posts on the forum. You must be on the road to happiness now though.

Yeah the overall quality of the viewport render is mindblowing! Dang great release. Well done propellerheads.

ultramedia
07-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Lol, yeah getting there slowly... figuring out how to do stuff in unrealscript is like pulling teeth with a blowtorch but like you say, the render quality is just so mesmerising I can't seem to walk away from it.

Kanga
07-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Ha yeah, just got my character up and running in the editor. Going through the code and finding stuff (an important part of which was your free tutes here thanx.again.man) I must admit, doing my taxes was more fun. In virtools ages ago, it took about an hour.

Kabab
07-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Ha yeah, just got my character up and running in the editor. Going through the code and finding stuff (an important part of which was your free tutes here thanx.again.man) I must admit, doing my taxes was more fun. In virtools ages ago, it took about an hour.
Have you tried next gen Virtools? 3DVIA Studio? Its free and got lots of nice things like virtools had but far more modern..

Although still beta so lacking a few features and stability...

Kanga
07-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Have you tried next gen Virtools?
Cryengine is comming out, virtools is free, we have far too many nice toys to play with. This is getting quite insane,... in a good way :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-03-2011, 03:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.