PDA

View Full Version : Help with modeling teeth?

Bangladesh
10-29-2003, 02:14 PM
I got a silly problem, I can't model teeth. Or to be precis, I can't model the parts that's inside the mouth; teeth, gums, tounge ect and could really need some advice.

How do you go about modeling the inside of your characters mouths? Do you model the gums too or leave them out? How about the tounge? Does anybody have a blueprint?

Feels like if you can model a entire body a set of normal teeths shouldn't be any problem but I must have modeled closed to 25-30 incomplete sets of teeth and thrown them away. :blush:

Please, don't let my models starve, help me with their teeth. :D
Any advice would be helpful. :)

actarusprocyon
10-29-2003, 04:31 PM
On the following link there's a non-human mouth modeling Animated gif,a really good start.

http://maxrovat.sns.hu/subdiv/gifs.htm

Goon
10-29-2003, 06:00 PM
I have plaster cast of my upper and lower teeth, gums and all (taken for orthodontia). If I can get a digi cam, I'll post them. Would that be helpful?

Bangladesh
10-30-2003, 07:23 AM
@actarusprocyon
Thanks! The first part of the gif looked really helpful! The ear-gif too. :thumbsup:

@Goon
If you could do that, it would really help me alot! If you take the pictures, you should also consider putting them on the "Correct Proportion"-site for others to download, that would be an act of mercy for some of us. :applause:

Thanks guys! Much appritiated! =)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.