PDA

View Full Version : reverse environment

elvis75k
10-29-2003, 09:53 AM
reverse environment is the title of this work that i've made at the begin of 2003. I do this for learning texture mapping tecniques. I don't know but i've been printed this shoot and now i have a big poster in front of my bed, and every time i watch the picture i feel good.. This is my unique personal and finished work (due to my job charge amount). i hope that EVOCATIVE is the right place to publish...

http://www.elvis75k.com/pictures/thechair_a.jpg

and everytime i post threads in a new forum i must say:"sorry 'bout my english".

C&C please!

Prs-Phil
10-29-2003, 05:49 PM
Hmmm IŽll give it a shot:

Its a nice pic but the thing besides the background that disturbes me is the color of the floor and the chair.

The color of the floor is very agressive and its in a conflict with the color of the chair, so if I look at it I don't feel good it rather makes me feel uncomfortable.
Try making the floor white to and making the scene a tad bit lighter to get that good feeling going.

The background is also very disturbing and not calm at all. Lets look over the obvious fact how you did it in PS ;), thoose strong lines also donŽt give me the feeling of goodness.

Thats my try on critting a pic on its power :)

Ordibble-Plop
10-29-2003, 07:08 PM
I agree that certain elements don't appear peaceful to me, although I see the potential there.

You could tone down the red in the floor. I like the Mediterranean colour combination of the blue chair and the terracotta floor though, so I wouldn't make the floor white.

The shadows also look quite blue which makes it feel cold - you could try warming them up a bit.

The background makes me feel like I have taken my glasses of and I am straining to see. Perhaps if you used simple blur rather than that filter and desaturated the hills a little bit.

An odd thing is the position of the chair. As it is it looks like whoever was sitting in it was looking at the plant, which is directly in front. I grow cacti and can spend a long time checking each for bugs and whatnot, so I don't find this bad. Watching plants grow can be peaceful, but was this your intent?

Drakaran
11-02-2003, 08:05 PM
to me, this pic conveys isolation. there is no "real world" out there, the only thing that exists is in personal space. though the pic is interesting, I don't really care for the message it conveys at all, there's far too much isolation as it is.

Garma
11-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Yea I can see what drakaran means. However the clear athmosphere and the fact that the scene is outdoors conflicts with this.

How did you create the greenery and what software did you use?

vrf
11-08-2003, 09:08 AM
Orange and blue compliment each other (opposites on color wheel), so I don't agree that the chair and floor conflict with each other. That said, you might desaturate them both a bit for a little more realism.

I'm not a fan of the background fragmentation, but to each his own, I suppose. Maybe we could see a regular version?

Ziye-Liu
11-08-2003, 11:24 AM
Wow! What a perfect image!
I like the bine very much. And also the color.
why you make the background landscape just like a watercolor painting? But however it feels very good.
I think maybe the shadow of the plant was too long.
If it's shorter, may be better.
Do you agree with me:)?

noen
11-09-2003, 04:49 PM
i agree that the red floor competes too much with the chair and that the background is quite disturbing, it has a "nervous" energy to it - that, and that it has obviously been simply run through a PS filter kinda ruin whatever this pict is trying to do

arliss
11-13-2003, 08:18 PM
great stuff! the compostion is fantastic but I think your attempt at attaining a depth of field using that filter is a bit distracting- would like to see it modifed

Garma
11-14-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by vrf
Orange and blue compliment each other (opposites on color wheel), so I don't agree that the chair and floor conflict with each other.

o_0 do you base your opinion on facts like these? I've seen stunning work that didn't follow the standard rules at all and also the reverse. Beside this, my personal opinion is that blue and orange don't fit together and if I'm not the only one with this opinion I guess he better changes it :/

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.