PDA

View Full Version : basic questions about facerobot

LSKRE
06-26-2011, 06:47 AM
hello every one..as its my 1st time to working with the facerobot i have some simple and basic questions about it..sty if the questions are annoying ...but ill be really thank full if u answer

first i have a total body mesh not only the head!and im using BipedRig to rig the body and facerobot to rig the face.but i dont know to apply the BipedRig or the facerobot 1st?
i tried rigging the character's body then envelope it then facerobot it but after applying the facerobot the body envelope gone...seems facerobot will freez the mesh and the envelope will gone:(

second question is about enveloping weights in facerobot controlers.seems the weights are randomly caz after applying the facerobot none of them are correct!is this allright ?i should edit all of the weights?after using the bipedrig and enveloping it ,the weights are soo close to what i want but facerobot seems terrible...

ty all for helping

ThE_JacO
06-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Rig a separate mesh for face robot and use it as a shape target for therigged character.

LSKRE
06-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Rig a separate mesh for face robot and use it as a shape target for therigged character.

can u explain a bit more ?!u mean i must detach the face from neck to up and apply the face robot on it then use it as a shape reference for the original head ?!
sry i just didnt get that totally :)
ty

ThE_JacO
06-30-2011, 05:19 PM
For not getting it, you actually got it pretty well :-)
FR has complex requirements and a full stack that mean you are best off using it on its own on duplicate of your mesh. Once you're happy with that, just use it as a target shape for your rigged biped in the shape stack.
Pretty much what you outlined.
Give it a try.

LSKRE
06-30-2011, 07:30 PM
For not getting it, you actually got it pretty well :-)
FR has complex requirements and a full stack that mean you are best off using it on its own on duplicate of your mesh. Once you're happy with that, just use it as a target shape for your rigged biped in the shape stack.
Pretty much what you outlined.
Give it a try.

ok got that ...but there is a big problem...caz my mesh is a TOTAL body, when i duplicate it and use FR on it the enveloping areas are so ridiculous!!!for example when i move the jaw i see some movement in the legs !!!and the jaw is not moving too:(( so i must remove all the weights and paint them again from the begging!!this mean i must waste too much time :shrug:! is there any way to use face robot on the head only ?!the default envelope weights on a "just head" is not that bad :)

ty

ThE_JacO
07-01-2011, 04:13 AM
There is no big problem really.
Show only what you want of facerobot (you can still apply it selectively or use ICE or something else to set the rest of the body to a default position, but that's a different solution).

When you hook that mesh as a shape driver, also connect it to a weightmap (modulate shape with weightmap), and paint that map so the shape coming from the FR mesh only affects the head.

Bit of resourcefullness and elbow oil, literally just a couple hours if you never did it before, are all you need :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-01-2011, 04:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.