PDA

View Full Version : Basefount Introduce Miarmy Maya Plugin for AI, crowd, physX, Render

yeahy2
06-24-2011, 01:50 AM
Hi, it's our greatest honor that you are reading this,

After 9 months development, Miarmy(called My Army) is coming.
Miarmy is a brand new Autodesk Maya plug-in set, focus on behavioral animation, crowd sims, physical sims, and Renderman render.

Using Miarmy, there is no node connecting and programming any more!!

Click for watching the HD teaser demo on Youtube HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyEHE_LIIvM&hd=1)
Hope you enjoy it!

The reason of our development is that we want to provide another solution which simpler and faster way to create crowd effect just inside of Maya itself.

Miarmy Logic Engine is a tree-structural hierarchical priority decision node system, it can defuzz and create neural network automatically underground without user defining and knowing it.
Decision node, which contains inner priority ranking and fuzzy logic condition, is the unit in tree structure.
Decision node can make decision through condition.
So, no node connection and programming needed!!

Miarmy is not a particle system, we re-write all bone and animation nodes.
Miarmy take PhysX 3.0 integrated. It is diversity, extensible and efficient.
Miarmy support FBIK, Human IK, and any one-bone-chain rigging creature pipeline.
Miarmy uses simple rendering pipeline, get rid of advanced render setup, support Maya light and shader, geometry, etc. Based on 3delight API. (just like 3delight for maya)
Miarmy is based on Maya API, it's easy for upgrading. We believe the future of it is cool~

We are upgrading and trying our best every day!

Features List:
http://basefount.tech.officelive.com/MiarmyFeatureList.aspx

If you like us, please follow us:
http://facebook.com/basefount
http://twitter.com/basefount

Basefount Technology (Hong Kong) Limited
www.basefount.com

marcuso
06-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Haha, omg! :D That is amazing. Love the node connection window, brilliant idea.

Skamierski
06-24-2011, 10:31 AM
This Product looks really amazing.

TheRazorsEdge
06-24-2011, 12:18 PM
You've definitely got my attention now. :)

Cheers!

Skamierski
06-24-2011, 06:28 PM
i am really curious what the prizes are gonna be for this piece of beautiful software.

And i am curious about Livedoll. any chances for some pre infos?

cheers

yeahy2
06-24-2011, 06:48 PM
i am really curious what the prizes are gonna be for this piece of beautiful software.

And i am curious about Livedoll. any chances for some pre infos?

cheers

Thanks very much for your concern!

For the 1.0 version release, there going to be a discount, the price is:

FREE forever for Miarmy Express,
About 250 USD for Miarmy Professional,
About 550 USD for Miarmy Premium,

Plus FREE to upgrade to 1.5 in October !!! check out what's in 1.5 version:
http://basefount.tech.officelive.com/RnDinProgress.aspx

Please check this out among the different type of Miarmy:
http://basefount.tech.officelive.com/Miarmy.aspx

Note:
Software 1.0 version will be released end of July and be shipped in mid of August.

Livedoll is just in my mind :) maybe the creature dynamics system in maya.

EricM
06-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Can this be ported to other packages or will this be maya only ?

DuttyFoot
06-24-2011, 08:04 PM
that was totally awesome :)
i love the demo reel especially the angry human (angry bird) addition near the end, LOL

yeahy2
06-25-2011, 01:24 AM
Can this be ported to other packages or will this be maya only ?

Sorry, Maya only actually.
But it can export RIB for the other Renderman renderers.

Thanks for your consideration~! :)

HughBowen
06-25-2011, 03:44 AM
have you tested any uses for real time current gen and next gen game engines such as cryengine 2/3 for example or UDK? I curious as to what this tech can be used for in outside of film or pre rendered uses?

yeahy2
06-25-2011, 04:33 AM
have you tested any uses for real time current gen and next gen game engines such as cryengine 2/3 for example or UDK? I curious as to what this tech can be used for in outside of film or pre rendered uses?

Thanks for your good idea. When the whole system is stable. We will try to expand it in game engine maybe!!

Actually the biggest improvement in Miarmy is the Human Logic System, we will explain the logic in Miarmy after 2 weeks.

For currently, it's not support UDK temporarily.

Regard!

thematt
06-26-2011, 11:49 AM
looks great!! awesome job!
questions, are you planing on having educational discount?

cheers

yeahy2
06-26-2011, 01:33 PM
looks great!! awesome job!
questions, are you planing on having educational discount?

cheers

Thank you very much!
If customers need, yes it is ;)

noizFACTORY
06-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Nice! Thank you for making a free version available as well (although I believe the actual downloads start from July). Its also nice to see 3delight integration planned right from the start for this. All the best! :thumbsup:

-Sachin

csmallfield
06-26-2011, 11:23 PM
Speaking as an ex-Massive user, this looks wonderful, I can't wait to try it out. I found Massive to be very non-intuitive and frustrating to use, as well as extremely expensive. This looks like a wonderful alternative and possibly even better product.

I am curious about the rendering. It's great that it works with renderman compliant renderers and 3Delight, is there plans to get it working with other renderers? The obvious one would be mental ray, since all maya users have access to it, but I understand it may be difficult to set up. Our studio is using Arnold at the moment, which can handle massive numbers of objects very easily and very quickly, the other day I did a test with a 70k model duplicated 10,000 times, rendered at high quality HD1080 in 2.5 min. Combining that kind of render power with your system would be a very compelling purchase for our studio.

PLease keep us up to date and thanks for the great project.

-Chris Smallfield
Head of 3D
Shape Minds and Moving Images GmBH

Panupat
06-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Do you have an estimate price yet?

It has it's own render engine? Will it conflict with the actual 3delight?

yeahy2
06-27-2011, 02:10 AM
Speaking as an ex-Massive user, this looks wonderful, I can't wait to try it out. I found Massive to be very non-intuitive and frustrating to use, as well as extremely expensive. This looks like a wonderful alternative and possibly even better product.

I am curious about the rendering. It's great that it works with renderman compliant renderers and 3Delight, is there plans to get it working with other renderers? The obvious one would be mental ray, since all maya users have access to it, but I understand it may be difficult to set up. Our studio is using Arnold at the moment, which can handle massive numbers of objects very easily and very quickly, the other day I did a test with a 70k model duplicated 10,000 times, rendered at high quality HD1080 in 2.5 min. Combining that kind of render power with your system would be a very compelling purchase for our studio.

PLease keep us up to date and thanks for the great project.

-Chris Smallfield
Head of 3D
Shape Minds and Moving Images GmBH

Thank you very much for consideration.

MASSIVE is better than Miarmy in many aspects. But we are trying to make our product easiler to use. Also, we are upgrading it everyday.

For renderer, in the current version, it only support 3delight. Frankly, we are not familiar with mental ray sdk, but its so important that mental ray integration. we will try to do that in future.
Our principle is: make it work firstly, make it faster and better then.

By the way, recently, NVIDIA just upgrade PhysX from 2.4 to 3.0. It will take our much time for keeping up.

We try to release it before August;)

Thanks again.

Best regards!!
Yeah YANG

yeahy2
06-27-2011, 02:15 AM
Do you have an estimate price yet?

It has it's own render engine? Will it conflict with the actual 3delight?

Thanks a lot for your concern.

No conflict, system can use your 3delight if you install it before.

estimate price:

Std:200~300 USD
Pro:500~600
And free upgrade: from 1.0 to 1.5

For more version detail, please visit:
http://basefount.tech.officelive.com/Miarmy.aspx

For 1.5 version, please visit:

sdserbos
06-27-2011, 03:05 AM
That is just sick! Thank you for developing something so awesome.

eek
06-27-2011, 05:36 PM
This looks awesome! - Do the agents have any sence of 'self preservation?' i.e getting up after an impact, scattering away, sense there in danger etc ?

yeahy2
06-27-2011, 05:44 PM
This looks awesome! - Do the agents have any sence of 'self preservation?' i.e getting up after an impact, scattering away, sense there in danger etc ?

Thank you very much.

We are trying to make this feature available in Miarmy 1.5, released in October.
Please check this out by below link, the 5th feature.

Miarmy 1.0 will be released in end of July.

Kindest Regards!

thematt
06-27-2011, 09:02 PM
it's really awesome seriously, but no mental ray or renderer other than 3dlight is kind of a bummer :shrug: too bad, great product but hopefully you'll support other renderer no too far in time.

all the best,

CGTalk Moderation
06-27-2011, 09:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.