PDA

View Full Version : img buttons in 2011

JokerMartini
06-24-2011, 12:09 AM
I'm just trying to make a simple image button with a mask and its not coming out right at all. Its not taking into account the mask I have targeting. Its just a black and white image 16bit bmp file.
It not affecting the image at all.
Does it matter what color the background of the diffuse image is?

JokerMartini
06-24-2011, 01:44 AM
These are the images I'm trying to make a dialog with.
Just simple checkbuttons. Nothing fancy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/jokenadrian/TangentTypes_16i.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/jokenadrian/TangentTypes_16a.jpg

Pacermike
06-24-2011, 03:02 AM
Just shooting in the dark here, but the help file says:

"Black pixels in the mask let the corresponding image pixel show; white pixels hide corresponding image pixels and show the default background color for the button"

Could it be that the default background color for the button is the same exact color as the image you're trying to mask, making it appear that the mask is having no effect?

JokerMartini
06-24-2011, 03:33 AM
No it should show a yellow background when the checkbutton is pressed. And aside from that I can see the background of the image on the button even when its not pressed down.

Pacermike
06-24-2011, 04:23 AM
Dang, well using the images you provided it's working fine for me, but I'm also using an older version of Max.

checkButton chk_test checked:true images:#("image.bmp", "mask.bmp", 7, 1, 2, 3, 4)

With the bitmaps saved in C:\3dsmax9\Scripts. I saved them as 32-bit .bmp's but I doubt that would make any difference. Sorry, hopefully someone else will know why it's acting stupid on 2011. :/

JokerMartini
06-24-2011, 04:29 AM
Well thanks for atleast trying and testing it for me. I'm not sure why it is bugging out for me in 2011 but I'll keep trouble shooting.

JokerMartini
06-24-2011, 04:49 AM
I'm sure Autodesk changed something in 3ds max. They always seem to change stuff unknowingly and aside from that change things and not making mention of it. I'll just keep looking around and testing and see what I get. Probably something buggy, considering its never really been rewritten.

Pacermike
06-24-2011, 05:49 AM
Man, no kidding. I'm always amazed at how many old, seemingly unchanged systems in Max wind up having new bugs or just act different with every "updated" release of Max. Let us know if you get to the bottom of it.

tassel
06-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Hmmm..

Have you tried to save the image as png with the masked main picture, add a alpha mask in the channels and fill the alpha mask with black?
I think i have similar problems like you, and this solves my problem.

Edit: No, this did not fix my problem, just for some ours. hmm.... ;o)

JokerMartini
06-25-2011, 04:18 PM
I have tried several different image types and formats but nothing is working.
I'm assuming something got changed in the newer versions of max. The help file does not seem to explain it very well.

I'm not sure if it's suppose to be a bitmap or png and then 8 bit or 16, and if it matters where the image is saved. Also if it matters what color the background is on the diffuse part of the thumbnail.

CGTalk Moderation
06-25-2011, 04:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.