PDA

View Full Version : MR Contour into mia material reflectivity

tristanm
06-22-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm working on a brass shader using mia_materialx passes. I want a dirtmap type effect where the corners are a bit dull as far as reflectivity is concerned.
I would usually just create a UV snapshot ....thicken and blur in Photoshop..and apply as reflectivity.. The kicker is that my geometry is the result of animated booleans so I would need to snapshot many frames and create a sequence. I could render 3 passes - one shiny and one dull...and the contour render> then comp. that seems very time consuming on the render end.
I want to be able to use a(blurred) wireframe render or contour shader as the control for mia refelctivity. is this possible? Is there another way to acheive this
I've already tried using occlusion texture as reflectivity-this is not what I'm looking for.
There was a thread about a plugin occlusion shader called ctrl_occlusion that looks like it did close to what I'm looking for..but could only find a 2008 compile of it.

Any Ideas folks??

Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
06-22-2011, 10:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.