PDA

View Full Version : Rob Chang's "Becoming a Better Artist" starts Monday 27th June

Buscat
06-22-2011, 05:00 AM
http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CPz4qKmZt7fsERCEBxivATIIe7GCXLr8bhk

Rob Chang's renowned eight-week online CG Workshop for all artists, "Becoming a Better Artist", starts Monday 27th June. Some places still remain - click link for details:

http://beta.workshops.cgsociety.org/courseinfo.php?id=142

Feedback from previous students:

"The way that you talk about what you do, and how you teach; the energy and the effort that you have put into this workshop, and into all of us is incredible - your teaching is far beyond anything I have ever seen before, and I feel so blessed to be one of your students, and to be able to interact and learn with everyone."
Bradley Machamer, student March - May 2010

"This course value just paid off, in my opinion, after the first week alone."
- Jacek Krzykowski, student June - August 2010

If you have any questions about Rob's course or any CG Workshops course, don't hesitate to email me on kirsty@ballisticmedia.net

abbeytermeer
06-26-2011, 04:10 AM
I am in the final two days of this course (sniff!) and I do not regret taking it one bit. I wish it wasn't over!! I can't wait to apply what I've learned to my own paintings outside of class and start making a portfolio worth while.

It is an astonishing amount of information that you can tell took Rob a lot of time and dedication to present, and he really really takes his time out for each and every student in his class. I was really impressed. A truly dedicated teacher :)

I have taken so many art classes from high school through college and none came close to the subject quality and quantity of what is taught in this class.

definitely recommend!!

vitalmaya
06-26-2011, 07:32 AM
Guys, if anyone's been on the fence about taking this course, I highly recommend jumping on board. I just finished the May-June run of Rob's course and all I can say is blown away! :D.

The course is very well structured, going from basic foundations all the way to advanced concepts. But, personally for me, what I really liked is the way Rob has explained some advanced topics in a very logical way. I'm basically a programmer and one of my challenges in learning art has always been in understanding the underlying logic - of lighting, color, composition, etc. It was always a black art for me before, but now I'm finally beginning to understand :).

And any one who has taken Rob's course will tell you one thing - the guy doesn't sleep :). Detailed crits, for every single student, always posted within a few hours. I have no idea how he does it, but definitely one of the most dedicated teachers I have ever met in my life. Highly recommended course!

Avis-Nocturna
06-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Hey guys,
If anyone is still unsure wether to take this course or not: Do it. Especially when you can't decide between two or more courses to take, this is the one that will really give you what you need, as it's covering the most basic things that are vital for any future work and anything you want to learn in the future. Other courses will teach you technique, but all other workshops I've taken so far only focused on one aspect of image making, while this one really covers the basics and fundamentals that you need to progress from then on.
I had my doubts before too, as I'm not in a beginner state anymore, but I couldn't be happier that I've taken this course. It has given me so much motivation and filled all of my gaps I had in knowledge. It's like someone finally gave me a map on how to proceed, whereas before I couldn't find my way out.
Also I had good teachers before, but I've never seen anyone who is this passionate about his message and every single student as Rob is. And no, he doesn't pay us for this. We're all just so grateful we've taken this course that we'd jump in to recommend this course for him, just to pay a little of all his efforts back. :)

LuisGama
06-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Almost everything has been said, in the end we are all happy about how much we evolved as artists and persons,was a truly amazing experience and i couldn't recommend "Robert`s World" enough, the icing on the cake was that i also meat a bunch of amazing classmates that are as much passionate about this as me and learned allot from them. If you have the chance and privilege to join this workshop, go ahead, you wont`t regret it., guaranteed :)

EgM
06-27-2011, 01:01 AM
Becoming A Better Artist is one of those rare jewels one can find on the Internet these days because of one single factor: the passionate instructor. I've been in contact with lots of teachers, but Robert Chang is the first one to have over delivered in anything you can imagine. He's a hard worker and will always make sure to help you with all of his soul. On top of that, he promotes camaraderie between the students and thanks to that I've met wonderful people who share the joy of learning together. This wouldn't be possible without Rob's passion, motivation and inspiration.

When I enrolled for the workshop, I was expecting specific advice on the fundamentals to improve as an artist, but what I actually found was beyond my wildest dreams as a student. Trust me, this is not hype. The contents you'll find if you decide to enroll are top notch and extremely well structured. In fact, you'll wonder how much time you'll need to finish them because I can guarantee you they are generous and fully informative. When I read about Rob's comments before enrolling, he stated that students would have big AHA! moments during the course, but I was a bit skeptical at first. What a mistake! Once the course started I could understand how accurate that statement was because each week gave me new insights of concepts I never had considered before.

I totally recommend enrolling in this workshop so if you are in doubt, do not hesitate any more an just jump in, no matter your current skill level. I don't know for how much time you'll be able to have the opportunity to receive this unique education. For me it has been a life changing experience. Thanks for all your passionate dedication Rob :)

Lunatique
06-27-2011, 02:26 AM
Man, my students are the best. They make me feel all fuzzy inside. :buttrock:

The run we just concluded was one of the best ever. The chemistry between the students was just magical, and now that the workshop has ended, they have formed a continuing study group together, with detailed plans on how to learn and grow together utilizing the study plan I have created for them, as well as some great ideas of their own. The group includes both advanced artists as well as beginners and intermediate artists, and they'll all be learning and growing together, just like how it was during the workshop (this is part of the design of the workshop).

For the June 27th workshop (the 7th run), we still have a few spaces left, so you can still enroll for another week (until July 4th). Don't worry about starting a few days late--it's not a problem at all, since many students start the course a few days after it's gone live (due to work, family, unexpected vacation), and they all catch up just fine.

If you have any questions you want to ask about the workshop, or want to read past questions and answers, or more comments from past students, you can check out this official thread:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=166&t=828694

jas68
06-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Becoming A Better Artist is the perfect course for anyone interested in finding some direction in their development as an artist. Don't know what aspects of your artistic development to focus on? Don't know how to work smarter not harder? Missing some key components in your artistic tool set? I was, and this course helped me figure out what I should be focusing my artistic energy on in the future. I now have a road map to improve as an artist. No dead-end country dirt roads, just highways :). Thanks Rob!

CGTalk Moderation
06-27-2011, 06:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.