PDA

View Full Version : Sculptris Alpha 6: It's HERE!

pluMmet
06-21-2011, 05:40 PM
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=143386

Sculptris Alpha 6 is now here, bringing a polished code, greatly improved compatibility -- and support for Mac OS X!

Good News!

Theht
06-21-2011, 07:27 PM
finally. but sad not so mutch new then expected. but runs really nice and abit smother in my opinion :)

Bullit
06-22-2011, 02:46 AM
Limited. I find it odd that a modeling program can't do easily it own 3D symbol.

theYiffer
06-22-2011, 03:46 AM
Big ups for the Mac support! :)

frogspasm
06-22-2011, 06:38 AM
Man, it's so hard to please folks with free software these days.

Nice to see they're updating it, and integrating it more with Zbrush.

GeeDave
06-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Nice, a bit more stability with Sculptris really was all I was after.

AJ
06-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Limited.:cry:

godo1
06-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Dances, Singings, LIMITED. :cry:

frogspasm
06-22-2011, 07:53 PM
What do you guys mean by limited?
I don't see anything saying there's an expiration date.

thematt
06-22-2011, 09:46 PM
usually I'm using mudbox for sculting, but seriously this is really good, I'm totally becomming fan of it, awesome work for a free software, and quite stable, only one crash in 3h of using it (win64), haven't see limitations on it.

I've adopted it!! :thumbsup:

AJ
06-22-2011, 10:06 PM
What do you guys mean by limited?
I don't see anything saying there's an expiration date.Bullit was saying that it is 'limited' in it's capabilites.

My tears were for the fact that we live in a World where a fantastic piece of free 3D software is shot down because it doesn't do 'everything'.

inkyspot
06-22-2011, 10:39 PM
I love it, I use it for what is can do great in my workflow with other apps. I have always supported this app. Not perfect by any means, but what is really?

Alonzo
06-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Not perfect by any means, but what is really?

:bowdown:

There is nothing limited, it's a great app, and Tomas is a great developer - I love it.

Nennad
06-23-2011, 07:31 PM
It is an excellent and promising app. I have Zbrush and i am looking forward, now when this is acquired by Pixologic, for deeper integration of Sculptris into Zbrush! Spawning polygons is revolutionary technique.

williamsburroughs
06-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Wow...finally.OSX support. So far it's a joy to use! Not bad for Alpha software :) :buttrock:

Bullit
06-23-2011, 09:56 PM
My tears were for the fact that we live in a World where a fantastic piece of free 3D software is shot down because it doesn't do 'everything'.

The "limited" i said wasn't related to everything but to its inability to do its own symbol.

But i should have also praised it, so some of critic against me is correct.

RagingBull
06-24-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm going to check it out later, apart from what is on the main sculptris page are there any other video tutorials ?
And really what are it's limitations ? (in comparison to 3dCoat/Mudbox/Zbrush etc)
I know that it's free so I wouldn't expect it to be better than others, more like a good intro to 3d sculpting.
:thumbsup:

frog
06-24-2011, 11:42 AM
And really what are it's limitations ? (in comparison to 3dCoat/Mudbox/Zbrush etc)

In reality it's the others that are limited in relation to Sculptris, don't let the price tag fool you. Unlike Zbrush and Mudbox, with Sculptris you never have to think of topology, just sculpt away and it will create the geometry for you. 3DCoat can do this with Voxels, but Sculptris is much easier to use.

Of course Zbrush has far more brushes, and I still use it a lot, but Sculptris is very powerful.

GeeDave
06-24-2011, 12:19 PM
are there any other video tutorials ?

You really don't need any tutorials to use Sculptris, there aren't any "tricks" or "secrets"... just boot it up and sculpt away. You'll eventually get to grips with the types of brushes and what settings work best for different results, and within a few hours (or less) you'll be speeding through sculpts left right and centre. It is by the far the most user-friendliest software I've ever used.

RagingBull
06-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Sounds very good indeed, thanks for the input (downloading now).

JoshBowman
06-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Finally received the download link email from Pixologic after 4 different attempts over a couple of days!

Sculptris is incredibly intuitive to use even for someone like me who couldn't sculpt their way out of a cardboard box it's a lot of fun sculpting with such a simple but powerful tool.

Hooked my PC up to my iPad and it feeling like I'm actually pushing and pulling the model around.

infiniview
06-25-2011, 09:08 AM
In reality it's the others that are limited in relation to Sculptris, don't let the price tag fool you. Unlike Zbrush and Mudbox, with Sculptris you never have to think of topology, just sculpt away and it will create the geometry for you. 3DCoat can do this with Voxels, but Sculptris is much easier to use.

Of course Zbrush has far more brushes, and I still use it a lot, but Sculptris is very powerful.

Keep in mind you can always create your own brushes or even grab one from Z to use in Sculptris.

CGTalk Moderation
06-25-2011, 09:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.