PDA

View Full Version : 3dsmax morpher sticky lips

splinterD
06-20-2011, 06:51 PM
hi all
im having some problems getting a sticky lips setup on a morpher driven character
i don't need any fancy zipping effect on the lips , just jaw open with lips closed
and jaw open with lips open.

what would be the best and most stable way of approaching it ?
i have one controller that drives the jaw open , jaw close, jaw left , jaw right -morphs
and i want another controller to switch between the morph of the jaw open
with the jaw open with lips closed smoothly , is it possible ?
the morph targets are connected to the controller via expression controller.

shinyprem
06-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Hi..!
Have the vertex on the upper lip skinned to a separate joint and switch its constraint between upper and lower jaw.
Rgds,

Mathieson
06-21-2011, 05:58 PM
I just posted this on my website. Have a look. http://www.mathiesonfacer.com/featured/sticky-lips-how-to-sample-file/

splinterD
06-21-2011, 06:36 PM
thanks guys
it is really helpful , i tried to do something on my one will i was waiting and what i cam up with was this:
i duplicated my head with the morpher modifier , the i punched the jaw open morph to a 100%
the i dropped an edit poly on top of the morpher , sculpted the lips shut as if he was traing to open the mouth , but hes lips were stuck together .
the i turned off the morpher modifier and was left only with the edit poly data.
it doesn't look good as a morph target , but it has the information needed to be used for the job.
i connected the "jaw open" morph target to a driver , then i made another driver to handle the blending .
the i added the wired morph target i created back to the original head morpher modifier.
the i dropped on the morph target a float expression that said that the "sticky" control will get
its value from the "open" morph target , that way the lips are always shut tight.
when the "open" morph would be at 50 the the "sticky" morph target would also be at 50, and the lips would stay shut , the i had to divide i think ... or something like that by the value of the blending controller ...and divide that as well by 1.3 or something like that .
im sorry im really bad with math and it took some messing around :)
if any one wants the file ill be happy to share it .

its not as beautiful or as sophisticated as as the other methods i've seen bot it got me were i wonted to go and its not very heavy on the system i think .

shalabology
06-25-2011, 12:34 PM
i do agree with shinyprem
my self did the same thing you may see here in my reel
http://vimeo.com/18911981

CGTalk Moderation
06-25-2011, 12:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.