PDA

View Full Version : GrowFX 1.7.0 Released

Eduard-3d
06-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

We have released GrowFX 1.7.0. Now users have a unique opportunity to create the wind animation of the plants easily and quickly.

What's new:
New direction modifier Wind animation and a new Wind helper object enable quick and easy creation of wind animation of any plant;
New direction modifier Hard bend, allowing you to create a hard bend of directions, mostly to create fractures in the leaves of palm plants;
New option Flip normals for Leaves mesh allows you to invert the normals of polygons in leaves;
Support for the Nitrous viewport display mode in 3ds Max 2012;
Some minor bugs are fixed.

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Eduard,
exlevel.com (http://exlevel.com/)

Eraq
06-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Looks great.

Does the plants have the option to grow over time?

Cheers

Erik

robbo59au
06-17-2011, 02:27 AM
Looks great.

Cheers

Erik

Did you actually visit the webpage?

"GrowFX is fully compatible with 3ds Max®. All parameters can be animated. You can, for example, create a wind animation, plant growth animation and other kinds of animation you can imagine."

Eduard-3d
06-17-2011, 03:42 AM
Yes, with GrowFX you can create growth animation of any plant.

Eraq
06-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Im sorry...I went over the webpage a bit to quick :-)

Well it looks awsome

Erik

YuriyXXX
06-17-2011, 01:06 PM
I've just started a project that needs a beauty shot of "healthy" nature and I decided to give growFX a try and this plugin is really robust actually. It would be nice if it came with presets, but once I played around, it was pretty easy to get what I wanted. I also can see a lot of other uses for it beyond plants and trees. It is basically non destructive/animatable curve modelling.
And no, I dont work for growFX.
I might post some shots from the project down the road.

doCHtor
06-17-2011, 04:04 PM
It would be nice if it came with presets
They have added support for presets in the previous version, so now some preset database from users could be build on their boards.
I might post some shots from the project down the road.
That would be great.

mthemelis
06-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Hi,

it looks very good indeed, although i haven't downloaded it yet.

Can it make a number of random/different trees from specific species?
Are there any built in scattering options or you just create one by one the plants/trees and then you place them by hand?

thanks in advance,
Mike

Eduard-3d
06-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Can it make a number of random/different trees from specific species?
Are there any built in scattering options or you just create one by one the plants/trees and then you place them by hand?

Yes of course, you can scatter your tree from the specified points (nodes), or directly on any surface by using the special Surface distributor. All trees will be unique, and it's all as one object.
Also you can affect to any parameters from the texture of the surface. For example, you can build a different height of the trunks. Ie where the dark areas of the texture - will be short trees, where white - high.

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
06-20-2011, 08:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.