PDA

View Full Version : Mannequin Doll Rig Help

Esha
06-16-2011, 04:02 AM
Hi,

I have been trying to animate a mannequin doll for a short clip that I want for my portfolio. I am not an animator by passion. My main forte is lighting and texturing. I downloaded some mocap files from internet but I am not too sure if I can map mocap data to the mannequin. I have the doll rigged with constraints but I am not sure how to export it in fbx and map the motion to it as I have failed each time I try doing it. Either motionbuilder crashes or the doll is exported without any constraints.

My main question is if it is possible to use mocap data for my doll or do I have to keyframe the movements?

If it is possible to use mocap data for the doll, which is the best way to rig it? (Right now I have rigged with constraints and not binded skin to the model)

Or is there any other way I can animate the doll? I dont need anything fancy as I am not concentrating on highlighting animation. A macarena dance will be good enough too, I am just stuck as to what should I be doing. :(

Any suggestions or comments are welcome! It's my first post, I hope to find a solution.

Attaching a picture for your reference.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-LHpJj7d8vx0/Tfl_YFdRojI/AAAAAAAAUgc/38_svVK4lUY/Doll.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
06-16-2011, 04:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.