PDA

View Full Version : Feather System on birds

msackley
06-16-2011, 02:58 AM
Hi guys,

So a group of friends and I are embarking on creating a short film involving birds for a school project and we are in the process of trying to figure out a way to get a feather system on the birds. Ideally it would be awesome if we could get something a long the lines of the one in this Pixar short "Birds on a wire" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_V-GI2BQss

Does anyone have any ideas or know how to go about creating feathers that would work like that? I'm not actually our TD but I figured I'd make a post and see if anyone could help and pass along the knowledge to our TD who is going to be working on it.

We've tossed up a couple of ideas ranging from paint effects, to using a dynamic hair solver to control the feathers. I'm just an animator so I'm not entirely sure how any of that stuff really works in too much depth but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

CGTalk Moderation
06-16-2011, 02:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.