PDA

View Full Version : configuring XSI

beatoperator
06-06-2002, 01:19 PM
I want to change some stuff in XSI interface.
because I am a Maya user, I get used to some maya's shortcuts...
is it possible to change viewing viewports thing. in XSI rotating viewport is 'O' (orbit tool), and in Maya it's ALT + Left mouse button. in Maya, zooming the viewport is ALT + LMB + MMB ...

any chance to make this in XSI somehow?

krisr
06-06-2002, 01:49 PM
not sure what you mean.....if you are talking about changing your hot-keys, go to "File > Keyboard Mapping..." to change it. If you want to edit your viewports, go to, "Layout > Edit Layout." Hope this helps.

Iain McFadzen
06-06-2002, 02:29 PM
XSI doesn't seem to let you map anything to ALT, which is annoying for me too since I am a Max user (Max has similar veiwpoint nav controls to Maya).

EdHarriss
06-06-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Iain McFadzen
XSI doesn't seem to let you map anything to ALT

Yes it does.
You have to hold down the alt key when you are making the hotkey.

If you are coming from Maya to XSI one thing I suggest you do is map alt+space bar to the minimize/maximize viewport function. (defaut is f12) This is what I do, because I think that f12 is too far away to be used for such a "constantly used" feature.

beatoperator
06-07-2002, 07:39 AM
the exact thing is that I want to assign 'Orbit tool' (mapped to letter 'O') to combination:
ALT + LeftMouseButton

don't think it's possible :(

SheepFactory
06-07-2002, 07:42 AM
i guess you can map the "S" key to Alt , than use the three mouse buttons to zoom \ dolly and orbit

beatoperator
06-07-2002, 08:41 AM
yeah :)

hmh, so there's no mouse button mapping, only keyboard mapping?

:)

if I could only change the orbit tool to be on LMB, not RMB (in navigation tool)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.