PDA

View Full Version : Best way to attach eyebrows

mccollom73
06-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Hey guys,

I was wondering what is the best way to attach an eyebrow that isn't exclusive to the mode. Wrap deformer? Joints? Just trying to get the best possible outcome.

Thanks!

MaxNorderfeldt
06-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Its hard to say which method is the best but I prefer wrap since then you dont have to make sure that the weights are the same as on the skin.

mccollom73
06-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Its hard to say which method is the best but I prefer wrap since then you dont have to make sure that the weights are the same as on the skin.

Thanks for the reply.

OK, I know there are a few ways to do it, but I was just curious if there is a way someone found that is better than most. Just seeing my options.

nuternativ
06-14-2011, 01:06 AM
It depends, man.
I used to rig a toony cha with really thick furry eyebrows and wrap deformer didn't work well so I tried using rivet joints, it worked but, still, some bad deformation since the joint will always aim at the face normal of the geometry and will flip sometime and also, it slowed down my rig quite a bit. I tried many possible ways till I found wire deformer using wrapped curve worked like a charm.

:D

mccollom73
06-15-2011, 05:15 AM
thanks guys!

Boucha
06-16-2011, 05:15 AM
Layered Approach ~ riveted joints on duplicated mesh driven by blendshape from main mesh will in turn drive the eyebrow mesh which later connected to main brow mesh driven via blendshape. (take your time .... hehe)

If nothing seems to be working fine, there is always blendshapes to be created ;)

wrap deformer can be a bit tricky and sluggish and they have hard time compensating with character scaling!

CGTalk Moderation
06-16-2011, 05:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.