PDA

View Full Version : Problems displaying total number of particles

pauperez
06-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Hi, I have a problem displaying particles in a TP Volume Emitter. I activate it in the first frame about 500 particles to appear at once, and then stop it in the second frame. But only a few appear.

Then what I do is move the time slider forward and then return it to frame 0 and more particles appear. I continue doing so and more particles appear but it reaches a point where no more particles are displayed, as if it had a limit. This also happened in another project but I got to have them all finally (but I think the program stopped being stubborn and it was nothing I did, I'm not sure). The problem is not only in the viewer, but also when I render this limited amount of particles are displayed.

It has nothing to do with the Thinking Particles particle limit in the settings, as the number is like 100000 or something huge like that. So I don't know what can I tweak... I'm affraid it is more likely a problem with the program... any ideas?

Thanks!!

Srek
06-13-2011, 01:15 PM
If you want to emitt a certain number of particles in one moment make sure to use "shot" mode.

CGTalk Moderation
06-13-2011, 01:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.