PDA

View Full Version : Rest

pseudoE
10-28-2003, 04:56 AM
I borrowed this model a friend of mine was working on a while ago that we were using for flight attendant crash training videos. I kind of felt compelled to give the lady a break, and imaged this must be what she'd look like if I could see her when we weren't using the file...e.

http://www.humanape.com/media/websized/rest.jpg

Omnicrola
10-28-2003, 05:21 AM
Heh, some of my best ideas have come from silly ideas like that.

What emotion(s) are you looking to produce here?

pseudoE
10-28-2003, 02:19 PM
What emotion(s) are you looking to produce here?

let's call it 'absolute peace' , restfullness, dreamlike satisfaction...The kind of energetic, yet clear calm feeling you get after you rest from strenuous exersise.

e

Tim Deneau
10-28-2003, 05:15 PM
It doesn't really convey rest, mostly because the dummy is holding her arms up and the fingers are spread. Maybe have the head tilted back resting on the pillar... and instead of casting her in the spotlight, leaving her only in those interesting floor shadows would be more peaceful.

Agent D
10-28-2003, 08:26 PM
To me, her pose (mostly the arms/shoulders, and legs) makes her look a little tense. I'm not sure how posable that model is, but keep in mind how her body would be affected by gravity if it were relaxed. I suppose that sounds a bit more technical, but I think it would affect the mood of the image.

By the way, is she sitting on the ground there, or is she floating between glowing patches clouds? I thought she was sitting at first, but I'm not sure now.

Omnicrola
10-28-2003, 09:10 PM
Yes, if you where to droop the shoulders a bit, and have her hands in her lap instead of gripping her knees, she would look a lot more relaxed.

leigh
10-28-2003, 09:21 PM
Hmmm, for me personally, rest would be the last word I'd use to describe this image.
When I look at it I see isolation and fear. That character looks extremely stiff, uncomfortable and alone. That sort of pose is also the pose of a child that is unhappy, in my opinion.
The bright blue lights are suggestive of a hostile, sterile environment with no soul.

pseudoE
10-28-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Leigh
Hmmm, for me personally, rest would be the last word I'd use to describe this image.
When I look at it I see isolation and fear. That character looks extremely stiff, uncomfortable and alone. That sort of pose is also the pose of a child that is unhappy, in my opinion.
The bright blue lights are suggestive of a hostile, sterile environment with no soul.

whoa. what does that say about me?!
Thanks for the crits. I can definately see that the stiffness of the character doesn't lend itself to a relaxed feeling; something about the diffuse, etherial quality of the image makes me feel it's "peaceful" though... i must spend too much time in front O this tube...

e.

the sparky
10-29-2003, 02:57 AM
when I just saw the image I thought she was imprisoned.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.