PDA

View Full Version : Export Options Missing

RawMeat3000
06-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Hi all I've been using Softimage for a few years now and have never had this problem before. I'm missing several export options in the file menus. Here's what the plugin manager looks like

http://i.imgur.com/MUGKl.png

Yes I've tried reinstalling the program (which actually solves the problem until I close and restart the program), and reinstalling the plugins.

One of the really weird things about this problem is that it's happening across multiple versions of Softimage (Mod Tool and Essentials 7) AND Maya 2010 (which was much easier to solve with it's Plug-in Manager), so there must be something connecting them.

I'd appreciate any help at all, no matter how useless you think it might be.

finalgathering
06-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Unusual, must be something interfering with your registry.
If this only happened recently...
I would try a system restore to an earlyer time.

xsisupport
06-16-2011, 10:26 AM
The next time this happens, exit XSI, open a Softimage command prompt, and run runonce.bat.
Then start XSI from the command prompt.
Are the plugins loaded?

RawMeat3000
06-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the comments! I thought about doing a system restore, but I've let this go on for a month or so and I'm not sure what programs that might affect.

The command prompt however just disappears as soon as I try to open it. I'll keep searching on how to fix this problem in the morning.

xsisupport
06-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the comments! I thought about doing a system restore, but I've let this go on for a month or so and I'm not sure what programs that might affect.

The command prompt however just disappears as soon as I try to open it. I'll keep searching on how to fix this problem in the morning.

How did you open the command prompt? Did you click Softimage Command Prompt command in Start menu? If so, and the command prompt disappears, that's not good.

RawMeat3000
07-01-2011, 05:29 AM
Well thanks for trying guys, but somehow the problem has fixed itself. It must have fixed itself after I updated Windows, or uninstalled something, not really sure!

Thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
07-01-2011, 05:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.