PDA

View Full Version : 1st Model (Female Head)

YankeeJim
06-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Hi Folks,
This is my first female model and would be intrested in crits/comments on how to improve.

Thanks

Psyk0
06-11-2011, 10:44 PM
You have a great start here, nice going on the topology.

Some suggestions:
-Get rid of the ngon above the mouth
-Ear density looks quite high, you could remove edges and still maintain a smooth silhouette (i'm guessing the back of the head has a lot of unecessary edges because of that?...)
-You could remove some of the edges between the eyebrows. You could have 3 loops there instead.
-Her eyes are wide open and it makes her look mad!
-The distance between the eyes look quit big, usually you can fit 1 eye in between the two since the head is roughly 5 eyes in width.
-Not a big fan of the neck topology, those polys are quite stretchy
-The clavicles are ending in a spot that makes no sense anatomy wise (but sometimes that's useful in anatomy to not have all the features harshly represented since fat and skin can cover some areas more than others. On the other hand, this could be a problem for animation.

The other crits would be anatomy related, her features arent quite realistic yet, but it's something that will come by studying anatomy...proportions, planes, skull, muscles etc.

YankeeJim
06-12-2011, 04:47 AM
Awesome thanks...yea i got nervous on the ears and like to put edges on everything...obviously that didnt work for me...but looks like the neck could use some :)

Didnt notice the ngon above the mouth but will take it out...thanks

I see your point on the eyes...didnt notice that before either.

Thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
06-12-2011, 04:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.