PDA

View Full Version : animation gallery..

eek
06-06-2002, 10:11 AM
Wouldnt it be a cool idea to have a gallery of animations, small tests, runs walks, character pieces, animal stuff etc,etc. It would be great resourse for people to study. Also you could have scene files.

Eek:buttrock:

Velocamonkey
06-06-2002, 10:31 AM
I think this is an excellent idea, especially having animation scenes available to download.

bentllama
06-07-2002, 08:54 AM
While a gallery for animation seems like a great idea, and one that an individual can learn alot from, it lends itself into bandwidth woes and I would be amazed if something like that ever got off the ground.

In regards to having files available, I personally think that is a bad idea. Sharing rigging techniques/modelling tips through tutorials is very common...however, sharing animation can lead to alot of stolen work.
Animation is one of the harder elements of CG for most people to do successfully. The temptation to "augment" an existing animation and claim it as your own might be too great for a CG artist struggling with animation.

:shame:

Just my 2.5 cents...

eek
06-07-2002, 10:53 AM
As with sharing files, i now think yourll have real problems:thumbsdow with copyright, so yep i dont think its a good idea. But with clips i dont mean massive short films, i just mean walk cycles, run cycles, timing tests, for people to look at , maybe 500k avi or mov You can still imbead copyright text behind the animation. E.g you could have a clip of lip-sync, or someone standing up or jumping, or an animal cycle.Most people submit stuff like that here all the time for people to look, but if they were in one place. It would be one massive recource!.I would be just like a stepping stone.

eek!:beer:

markdc
06-10-2002, 12:13 AM
How about an animation gallery but everyone has to provide their own link? Maybe you just show a thumbnail and description here.

eek
06-10-2002, 11:29 AM
Thats a cool idea, now i need to build a site!

:buttrock: Eek!

eek
06-10-2002, 11:45 AM
Well, ok if anyone got some stuff, small clips, with a thumbnail, etc pleaze post a link.It'll be a good resource!

eek!:bounce:

bentllama
06-11-2002, 01:14 AM
i will see what i can do to organize a listing of links...

to form a gallery of sorts...

eek
06-11-2002, 06:30 PM
WHahoooo!!!!!:buttrock: :buttrock: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Thanks Bentllama

EE:eek: K!

Stephen Vyas
06-23-2002, 07:21 AM
This is a good idea.. Has anyone gone ahead and created a library of test animations/cycles and such?
If so, what's the url?

-Steve Vyas

eek
06-24-2002, 09:42 PM
Yep im trying to get people to post links here, for a site im trying to put up. But it seem im not getting many replies!! but ive started to do so cycles etc. Ive done an, elefant, dog and human walk cycle also ive got a dog run(rotary) and a human run.

Eek

ed209
06-26-2002, 11:01 PM
If you see anything you like on my website you can use them for your gallery...:surprised

Volker
06-28-2002, 01:20 AM
I'm in! I have a ton of different anims I've collected.

~Zach

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.