PDA

View Full Version : Export SkinWeights For Use In Maya?

TheRazorsEdge
06-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a good way to export just the skinweights from Softimage in some sort of text file that can be re-imported directly onto a bound skin in Maya?

I'm constantly loosing UV's using crosswalk on a skinning-rig with skin attached, as well as some joints that have no influence, plus the joint sizes are all messed up in Maya upon re-import of an FBX. So I thought it would be a lot easier to circumnavigate the hassle of AttributesTransfer UVs>Export Skin Weights>Import Skin Weights by just directly exporting/importing the weighting info alone, ideally UV independent.

Cheers!

pelos
06-09-2011, 04:07 PM
time ago in a presentation, some one exported a mesh with some motion from xsi to max, they fix the weightmaps in max and send everything back to XSI.

i been trying to find that, i think is when they did the first presentation about crosswalk.

CGTalk Moderation
06-09-2011, 04:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.