PDA

View Full Version : ik/fk Reverse Foot

ClassicMogul
06-08-2011, 07:10 PM
I am trying to rig a ik/fk with seamless switching!I had done the snapping but i don't have any idea to move the reverse foot switches!any comments please..

PePeTD
06-09-2011, 01:55 AM
Could you be more specific ? Usually if you are trying to switch from a Tripple IK foot set-up to a reverse foot set-up you will need an EXTRA set of bones that follows the FK Rig, but that have the same orientation as the IK Bones that way you can switch you skin bones betwen the IK bones and the Bones that are following the FK bones.

Please let me know if that was helpfull.

ClassicMogul
06-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Hey PePe!ya i am using Triple Joints Snapping Method!I had Snapped the Legs Orientation.i need to know how to snap the Reverse Foot with Fk/IK seamless Blending?..any idea???

lyco84
06-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Maybe this helps to explain it:

IK/FK Switch (http://rigging101.com/free/ikfkswitching/index.htm)

Allthough I prefer to use blend nodes.

Cheers!

ClassicMogul
06-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks lyco!i already Know the Snapping of arms!but when you use it for legs the reverse foot is the problem??i need to know how to drive those on skinJoint and ik/fk joints switching!..

lyco84
06-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Thanks lyco!i already Know the Snapping of arms!but when you use it for legs the reverse foot is the problem??i need to know how to drive those on skinJoint and ik/fk joints switching!..

How did you setup the reverse foot? Did you use locs resp. grp based setup? Or did you build a revers foot chain?

ClassicMogul
06-09-2011, 05:30 PM
How did you setup the reverse foot? Did you use locs resp. grp based setup? Or did you build a revers foot chain?

Normal Reverse Foot Chain!..

ClassicMogul
06-10-2011, 08:08 PM
did anybody know how to solve this problem??

PePeTD
06-13-2011, 04:52 PM
My solution works, you need to make a GHOST set of bones that will follow the reverse foot but have the same orientation as the IK bones and then blend the skin bones between them.

ClassicMogul
06-14-2011, 03:15 AM
Can you explain in detail please!How many joint setup that i needed??

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2011, 03:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.