PDA

View Full Version : parenting cameras together

borbafett
06-08-2011, 05:21 PM
is it possible in vue xstream to have two cameras paired together so that they move together when you move one of them? we are working on a 3d project and need to achieve a 3d effect withing vue xstream.

xad
06-08-2011, 07:22 PM
It seems that it is not possible to link cameras together in vue but you can link multiple cameras to a single object. You could setup your cameras, place a sphere or cube between them, link both cameras to it and then animate the object.

You can link cameras and objects together through the animation options in the object information panel in the top right corner of the vue UI.

borbafett
06-08-2011, 08:14 PM
xad, thank you for your reply. i am such a new user to vue, i hate to even ask this question. but, how do i change the properties of the cube so that it is 2.5 inches by 2.5 inches by 2.5 inches? the cameras need to be exactly that far apart to achieve the 3D effect.

xad
06-09-2011, 01:14 AM
You can enter exact dimensions for objects in the numerics tab of the object information panel. It's actually the same menu in which you link objects together. You can switch between aspect, numerics and animation settings through the bar in the top right corner.

By default vue uses metric values (at least mine does) but if you enter '2.5 in' it will convert it to the correct scale. Note that working with 'real-life' values has changed a bit between vue 9 and older versions, I can't remember if this worked that way before vue 9.

borbafett
06-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Xad you are VERY helpful! thank you!

CGTalk Moderation
06-09-2011, 05:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.