PDA

View Full Version : A quick horror painting

balistic
06-08-2011, 03:28 PM
I just finished reading a horror novel by David Nickle called "Eutopia" and wanted to do some fan art. I don't know if I will be spending any more time on it, but I'm still interested in feedback, as it's the first thing I've painted at home in at least a couple of years.

http://www.bprince.com/TheFeegerOracle.jpg

Painter 9.5 / Sketchbook Pro 2011 / Tablet PC

nightmarejan
06-16-2011, 11:59 PM
this actually looks good. i want to see it finished! keep it up

BillyWJ
06-17-2011, 04:06 PM
The only thing I can think of, is the background is a bit "police lineup". Maybe some props? A door? A window? A fireplace?

Other than that, great mood!

balistic
06-18-2011, 08:32 AM
Thanks guys. I agree about the background.

Intars5d
06-20-2011, 10:17 PM
:hmm:
That creature she is holding in her hands, it looks creepy and interesting. Leaves a place for imagination, wishing to imagine how its face may look. Holds tension for me.

mrpsycho2000
06-21-2011, 01:54 PM
i like the texture on the wall behind her, would like more detail on her but other than that it is quite eery.

RicoD
06-21-2011, 08:14 PM
The texture´s a photograph with some brushwork on it from the looks of it. The result is that is has a way higher detail density than the foreground. It´s a bit strange that the main subject has a lower lever of rendering and detailing. The planks themselves are huge also. Personally, I´d make them smaller so they´d look like something in the real world, like a wall or fence and then bring the woman and the freaky baby up to at least that level of detail density. I love the lighting on her, so hope you´ll keep working on her.

balistic
06-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys ... you may have actually talked me into turning this into a finished painting. I'll post something up if I make more progress.

CGTalk Moderation
06-28-2011, 05:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.